Returning a product
Before returning any items please email us at email@example.com during opening hours for a returns authorisation number and returns form This must be enclosed with the goods you are returning.
Basic Returns Procedures:
Whatever you want to return to us, and for whatever reason, there are some basic procedures you will need to follow:
• Contact us within 14 days of the order date by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Returns Number (RMA.) Please give the reason for wishing to return an item, and if it is faulty as much detail as possible in describing the fault. Information such as your product name, order number, date of placing the order, name and address will help us to issue the RMA more quickly.
• When your RMA number is issued we will provide you with information on how to prepare the package for return and where to return it to. Please print, complete and include the returns form in your returns package.
• Legally you are required to take reasonable care of the goods whilst they are in your possession. Unless faulty, goods should be returned AS SOLD in original packaging with all tags attached and must not have been used. Nextbase shop may deduct a reasonable amount from any refund owing for returned goods in order to prepare them for resale if this is required due to failure to comply with the above.
• Please also take care to wrap the goods in some kind of external packaging in order to ensure their safe return if you are returning any item they must be repackaged and not be sent back with labels etc attached to the original suppliers packaging. Nextbase shop may deduct a reasonable amount (or be unable to provide a refund) from any refund owing for returned goods in order to prepare them for resale if this is required due to failure to comply with the above.
• Return packages must be clearly marked (on despatch packaging, never directly on the product/product container) with this RMA for warehouse identification purposes.
• Where you are returning goods yourself Nextbase shop advises the use of a carrier that provides proof of delivery and insurance cover.
• It will take approximately 7 working days to process orders returned with an RMA. Those returned without obtaining an RMA could take up to 30 working days to process.
• You will be sent an email confirming when to expect your replacement, where a replacement has been requested. If the replacement does not arrive by the end of the date indicated your are entitled to consider the delivery as late.
• Although you are welcome to contact the courier direct in cases of lateness we are happy to do so on your behalf. If your delivery does not arrive on time / at all please let us know as soon as possible. Failure to do so may affect your right to claim, where applicable, for any lateness or loss. We are required by our courier company to put in any claim for lateness or loss within 7 days of the date of despatch.
Further Returns Procedures (specific to the reason for return):
Beyond these basic return procedures Nextbase shop return policy varies according to the reason for return. Please see below:
Goods damaged in transit/incorrect goods issued/goods missing from package:
• IT IS IMPERATIVE that you check your goods immediately upon receipt and BEFORE signing for them to ensure that there is no obvious damage to the delivery bag which might have resulted in some damage to the contents
• If the bag is damaged please make sure you check the contents BEFORE signing for the goods, the driver should be happy for you to do so in this circumstance. If goods are damaged and/or items are missing please make sure you clearly sign for the goods as damaged and/or missing on delivery. Failure to do so will affect your right to refund/replacement.
• If the bag is not damaged it is still imperative that you check the contents ASAP. Ideally you would do this before signing for the goods, but if not you would do so immediately afterwards.
• We recommend you check that a) you have not been sent an incorrect item or incorrect items b) you have everything that you ordered as stated in the product notes c) nothing is damaged in any way.
• If you have been sent something you didn’t order and don’t intend to keep please do not open the packaging (by this we mean the manufacturer packaging, not the courier bag the order arrives in.) Goods that are returned as incorrect may not be accepted if the package has obviously been opened and/or the contents removed and/or used in any way.
• If the product is incomplete or damaged we appreciate that you may need to open the package and even remove the product in order to discover this. However products returned as damaged may not be accepted if they have obviously been used in any way.
• *****VERY IMPORTANT***** If your product is damaged on receipt (whether discovered prior to signing for it or afterwards), incomplete, different to what you ordered or any combination of these we allow 24hrs, starting from and including the date and time of receipt, as a reasonable period within which you must notify us. This is why it is imperative to check the package right away.
• Provided we are notified within 24hrs you may return the item yourself and we will refund what we deem to be reasonable shipping costs (please check first with us) If you do not inform us of the problem within this time we will unfortunately be unable to offer any assistance.
• We expect to receive the returned goods within 7 days of your original receipt of the order in question. If you do not return the goods to us within this time, we will take this as your decision to keep the goods.
• Any customer returning goods as not what was ordered/damaged on receipt, which are found to be what was ordered/not damaged, shall not be entitled to a refund of the shipping costs incurred in returning the goods to Nextbase shop. If Nextbase shop has pre-paid the shipping costs for the return the customer may have those shipping charges deducted from any refund owing. Under these circumstances customers will not be entitled to a replacement item, only a refund (less any shipping costs associated with the order) or a re-issue of the original goods (potentially subject to the customer making further payment for re-issue shipping.)
• Where exact like for like item replacements cannot be provided the customer will be given the option of an alternative item replacement* or a full refund usually processed onto the card.
• Refunds (not including the original shipping charges unless exact like for like item replacements cannot be provided – see above) for not what was ordered/damaged on receipt orders will usually be issued within 7 working days of Nextbase Shop receiving them back, provided they are returned according to the above terms and conditions. Refunds are usually processed onto the card originally used to make payment, unless otherwise stated.
• Replacements for goods that are not what was ordered/damaged on receipt will usually* be issued within 7 working days of Nextbase Shop receiving returned items, provided they are returned according to the above terms and conditions. *
– for exceptions see the Replacements for returned items section below.
• We hope that you will be pleased with your purchases but if for any reason you find a product doesn’t fit etc you are welcome to return the item either for a refund or exchange within 14 days. However once 14 days have passed from the date of your receipt of the order we cannot accept it for return unless it is faulty.
• When an order is returned as unsuitable we will require the customer to arrange and pay for return despatch.
• We expect to receive goods returned as unsuitable within 14 days of your original receipt of the order in question. If you do not return the goods to us within this time we may refuse to accept the return.
• Refunds (not including the original shipping charges) for unsuitable orders will usually be issued within 7 working days of Nextbase Shop receiving them back, provided they are returned according to the above terms and conditions. These refunds are usually issued in cheque form or via your original credit card. If you wish to exchange the item for another product please advise us when requesting the returns number (RMA), the customer will be required to pay for the returned item(s) and the cost of returning the exchanged product.
How and when should the goods be returned to Nextbase Shop?
• In the unfortunate event of your product being faulty on receipt please contact email@example.com within 24hours of receipt for a returns number (RMA). Nextbase Shop will then supply you with the information on how to return the item. Once the item is received within 7 days either a replacement item will be sent and a refund provided for shipping costs to the customer or a refund provided including shipping costs. Please contact as first as Nextbase shop will only refund what we consider to be a reasonable shipping cost.
• Where fault occurs and/or is reported after the first 30 days from receipt of goods we will require the customer to arrange return shipping and pay any associated costs, although we will then as a gesture of goodwill pay for the shipping of any replacement item.
• We expect to receive faulty goods within 14 working days of your being issued an RMA. If you do not return the goods to us within this time, or make them available for us to retrieve within this time, your RMA number will be declared void and you will be required to obtain a new RMA number and begin the procedure afresh.
• PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RETURN/COLLECT ITEMS YOURSELF IN PERSON. We have set procedures for the return of goods to us/issue of goods to customers, as outlined below. We do not have a shop front at our office and we are not set up to receive customers there. We regret that customers who turn up on an ad hoc basis will have to be politely turned away and staff members have been advised not to accept goods from or hand goods over to customers who approach them in this way.
Refund, replacement or re-issue?
• If the faulty item is reported within 14 days of receipt of the order in question you are entitled to a full refund on that item. After this 14 day ‘full refund’ period has passed Nextbase Shop will not offer a refund, but will arrange to replace your returned item with a new item. For more detailed information on replacement/repair procedure, please see the Replacements/repairs procedures for returned items section below.
Replacements/repairs procedures for returned items:
• PLEASE NOTE this section does not apply to goods returned as unsuitable.
• Where replacements are issued we only offer exact like for like items, unless we have a permanent or temporary shortage of stock of the item in question, in which case alternative items and possibly credit notes can be made available (please see associated points below.)
• Replacements/refunds (the latter where applicable and usually in the form of a credit back onto the card originally used to make payment) for returned goods will usually be issued within 7 days of Nextbase Shop receiving returned items, provided they are returned according to the above terms and conditions.
• When your replacement is ready to be issued Nextbase Shop will contact you to arrange delivery. Please provide clear and accurate information regarding to who/where and when the delivery of replacement/repaired goods should be carried out. Where Nextbase Shop arranges in full agreement with the customer to deliver replacement/repaired items, if the delivery is unsuccessful in any way due to the error/negligence of the customer the customer shall henceforth be expected to pay any costs associated with further delivery attempts before further delivery attempts can be made.
• Delivery of replacements will follow the same procedure as original delivery of goods – for further details on that procedure please check Delivery Procedure in the Delivery section of our Help pages.
What happens if Nextbase Shop offer a replacement but cannot replace my returned item with a like for like item?
• Although we usually process returns within 7 days of receiving them, replacements may take longer to issue where we are out of stock of the item in question. We will always keep the customer informed of any such delays.
• If stock is temporarily unavailable we will keep you informed of when more is expected. If the RMA was booked within the first 14 days of your receipt of goods we will not require you to wait for new stock to arrive unless you wish to. For customers who wish to wait and for those who booked RMAs after the first 14 days from receipt of goods there should be a wait of less than 30 days after our receipt of the returned goods for the new stock to arrive. We would like to point out that is very unusual for a customer to have to wait anything like 30 days for a replacement item.
• If the RMA was booked within the 14 days and the customer doesn’t wish to wait for stock to arrive, or if stock does not/will not arrive within 30 days, we can offer an alternative product replacement. Our product managers will happily give advice about the options available. Where the alternative item cost is lower than the price paid for the item being returned the price difference will be refunded. Where the alternative item cost is higher the customer may or may not be expected to pay the difference prior to the replacement being issued, that will be discussed on a case by case basis should the need arise.
• If the RMA was booked within the 14 days and like for like stock/any preferred alternative (where applicable) cannot be made available within a time frame to suit the customer then a credit note for the cost of the returned goods can be made available. Otherwise if like for like stock/any preferred alternative (where applicable) cannot be made available within 30 days after our receipt of the returned goods then a credit note for the cost of the returned goods can be made available.